Build 188.8.131.523 (4/25/2014)
Kaspersky Anti-Virus is an application designed for protection of home users' computers against the main digital threats.
MINIMUM HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
To ensure proper functioning of the application, your computer should meet the following requirements:
1. General requirements
· Intel® Pentium® III 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) / 64-bit (x64) processor or faster (or compatible equivalent)
· 480 MB free hard drive space (depending on the size of the anti-virus databases)
· CD/DVD drive (for installing from the installation CD)
· Internet access (for activating the application and updating databases and software modules)
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
· Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 or later
· Microsoft .NET Framework 4 or later
2. Operating systems
· For Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 3 or later), Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3 or later), and Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Service Pack 2 or later):
· 512 MB free RAM
· For Microsoft Windows Vista® Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Starter x32 (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise, Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Windows 8.1 Update), Windows 8.1 Pro (Windows 8.1 Update), and Windows 8.1 Enterprise (Windows 8.1 Update):
· 1 GB free RAM (for 32-bit operating systems) or 2 GB free RAM (for 64-bit operating systems)
To install the application, run the installation package (file with the .exe extension) and follow the instructions of the installation wizard.
During installation, Kaspersky Anti-Virus detects and allows removing applications that, when running concurrently, may affect your computer's performance, even causing complete inoperability.
The application can be installed over the following Kaspersky Lab applications:
· Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 or 2013
· Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014
· Kaspersky Internet Security 2012, 2013, or 2014
WHAT'S NEW IN KASPERSKY ANTI-VIRUS
Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides the following new features:
· The latest versions of popular web browsers are now supported: protection components (such as Kaspersky URL Advisor) support Mozilla™ Firefox™ 28.x, Internet Explorer® 11, and Google Chrome™ 33.x, 34.x, and 35.x.
· Support for Windows® 8.1 Update has been added.
· Application performance has been improved and computer resource consumption has been optimized.
· Less time is required to start the application.
· Application GUI performance and responsiveness have been improved.
· The product upgrade process has been improved.
· The size of the application distribution package has been reduced.
· Functioning of the System Watcher component has been improved: protection against cryptors has been implemented. Kaspersky Anti-Virus creates backup copies of files before they are encrypted by a malicious cryptor. This allows restoring these files from their backup copies. Backup copies of files are stored in the system folder for temporary files (Temp).
This feature has the following characteristics and limitations:
· If there is not enough memory on the system disk on which the Temp folder is located, no backup can be performed, and no notification of failed copying (non-provided protection) is displayed.
· Backup copies of files may be stored in unencrypted format.
· Backup copies of files are deleted when you quit Kaspersky Anti-Virus or disable the System Watcher component.
· In case of emergency termination of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, backup copies are not deleted. Copies must be deleted manually, if deletion is necessary.
MAIN KNOWN ISSUES
· Some settings of Kaspersky Anti-Virus are not editable during use of remote access applications on Microsoft Windows 7 x64 and earlier.
· Some web resources may fail to open if the Use HTTP instead of SPDY protocol setting is disabled.
· When files or folders are selected in scan task settings, folder contents are not displayed. To view the tree structure of subfolders, you must select a specific folder.
· Use of third-party mouse customizer software may break scrolling in Kaspersky Anti-Virus windows.
ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION
· Knowledge Base: http://support.kaspersky.com/kav2015
· Forum: http://forum.kaspersky.com